Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Sleepy Little Fellow!

A recent trip to my favorite home goods store inspired a brilliant idea for my little best friend. 

 Meet Cooper, I mean sleepy.  

Cooper has many names.  He is known as Itty Bitty, which turned into Itty Piggy because he snorts and snores loud enough to wake the neighbors.   I am not kidding.   But one thing is for sure, he is the cutest little fellow I ever did see!   

Itty Bitty likes to sleep a lot and most of the time I have to peel him from my lap.  I have been thinking about purchasing a bed for him, but I quickly get distracted.  I found this little basket unexpectedly one day for $14.99.   I was thinking it would be great in the summer for bringing drinks and plates in from the backyard when we entertain. 

 Just then it hit me like a ton of bricks--let's see if it would work for Cooper.  I found an old pillow in the guest room that had lost it's "fluff" and wrapped it in his little blanket.  










Cooper went right over, smelled it, and went right to sleep.  It's right next to the front window which looks out into the front yard and he commands his post every day.  What a handsome little boy!




I guess you could say it was meant to be--
Happy Easter, Ya'll!

 photo bcae8504-8846-4d56-8a1e-e38ee54656cf_zpsf2f14c24.jpg


Linking to:

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous new bed for Cooper! So much cuter than anything that is sold as a "pet" bed. :-) Visiting you from Savvy Southern Style. I'm now following and look forward to seeing more of your cute blog!

    I would also LOVE to have you share this project next week at our Rockin' Pet Linky Party. Hope to see you there!

    http://www.thehouseatbluebirdlane.blogspot.com/2012/05/first-ever-rockin-pet-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Cooper, you are adorable!... and it looks like you LOVE your new bed!... sending big mushy doggie kisses your way, xoxo Julie Marie and "Tessy"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper you are soooo CUTE! Love your new bed too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable pup! Cooper looks as though he is enjoying his dog bed. Great find!

    I'm visiting from the Rockin' Pet Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea. It was meant to be. Cooper looks like he's king of the castle on that sweet little throne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, Thanks so much for joining our Rockin' Pet Linky Party. Cooper is such an adorable pup and looks like he really enjoys his new bed!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Cooper is really enjoying his new bed. He's a beautiful dog!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!