Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Coffee by the POOL...

Our BACKYARD PARADISE is ready to ROLL!
                                       Let the SUMMER parties begin!!!

Bring on the Sunshine, Sangria, & Smore's...

I brought in some accessories, inexpensive plants and flowers, and made some outdoor pillows to add a little PIZAAZ to our backyard...

These pillows are made from a shower curtain, grocery bags, and bed pillows.

This basket is a great way to corral all the towels...

I like to group in "three's" when accessorizing.  Height, texture and color...


Boxwoods and flowers in planters add classic decor to any outside space.

Multiple seating areas are FUN!

Coffee while bird watching anyone?

You may recall seeing that BRONZE FINIAL from a little post I call "The Power of SPRAY PAINT".


This lantern was a steal for $20 at TJ Maxx... 

I like to sprinkle SEA SHELLS here and there...

Boxwoods line the steps, of course!

More boxwoods, ferns, coleus, moss and hosta's...

A garden cloche for $3...click here to find some other Tag Sale finds...

Next year, these should be a lot fuller.

An extra chair and some plants to frame the slider...

A bigger table to TAKE IT ALL IN...

More "faux" boxwoods...

I can't wait until my newly planted boxwoods come in fuller and I trim them to look like these...

What Northeast yard wouldn't be complete without a couple of adirondack chairs?




These are a little on the "shabby" side, but I still like them...

Lots of good times happen here...

What do you think? Do you think I love boxwoods?

If you enjoy reading HOUSE by Holly, please click the "like" button at the top of the page for Facebook. Or visit http://www.facebook.com/HouseByHolly and hit "like".  I will be sharing extra tips and tricks on that Facebook page I created.  And as always, I love to hear from MY READERS!  Please leave me comments, post projects you have tried and feel free to ask me questions.

Shower Curtain Pillow Tutorial--

This Shower curtain was $8 at a discount store.  Just cut the dimensions for the size of pillows you want. I used the lines of the print for my guide.

Place 2 squares "right" side together, sew three sides and flip right side out...

4 extra  bed pillows that were not being used anymore. 

fold the pillow in half, bag it in a grocery bag.

Bag it again, this makes the pillow water proof and helps it keep a tight square appearance.

4 little pillows sitting on an island...

Ta Da!


If you enjoy reading HOUSE by Holly, please click the "like" button at the top of the page for Facebook. Or visit http://www.facebook.com/HouseByHolly and hit "like".  I will be sharing extra tips and tricks on that Facebook page I created.  And as always, I love to hear from MY READERS!  Please leave me comments, post projects you have tried and feel free to ask me questions.

From my HOUSE to your HOUSE, HAPPY HUNTING!

Holly

Linking to
Thrifty Decor Chick
Jennifer Rizzo
A Stroll Thru Life
Savvy Southern Style
The Shabby Nest

5 comments:

  1. Oh your yard and pool are stunning, such a beautiful area and you have it all decorated so beautifully. Such an inviting space to relax and enjoy the summer. Thanks tons for joining TTT Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    WoW... thanks for sharing the idea of the shower curtains. This is very smart.

    It's a bit annoying running in and out with all pillows in the open porch every night & the morning. Now, I can just leave them out. But, first of all, I have to start buying and sewing, GEE... I guess, I will work the whole summer sewing? 22-24 small, medium and large pillows §;-)

    Have a nice mid-week.

    Greetings from Stockholm,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Sunshine, sangria, & smore's.” – That is definitely a good combination to start the summer. And a trip to the pool would add more fun to this combo. Anyway, I definitely love your accessorizing project. It adds some much needed laid-back feel on the poolside. I can imagine myself sipping some coffee while reading a good book or taking a nice dip in your pool! That’s the life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Your garden by the pool is heavenly. It is so elegant and beautiful. I'm sure some of your friends get envious whenever they see your lovely place. Is it not hard maintaining it? I mean, when the rain comes and wets all the furniture and perhaps dirties the pool, how do you go and clean the place?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As one of the last triggers which will attract and convince the consumers to get a product, Stock coffee pouches are a key element for the marketing mix also as for improving the general sales of the products. Recently there is a good sort of packaging products available within the market and Stock coffee pouches are amongst the foremost effective and attention-grabbing packaging solutions. Visit our site https://dura-pack.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!