Sunday, December 29, 2013

Fairwell 2013!

Hello All,

As we approach another years end, I have to sit back and look at what I've accomplished personally and physically.   This year has brought so many great things for our family.  All of my life experiences have certainly given me a different attitude.  Another year, a different perspective. 

If your anything like me you have always tried to find the best resolution for yourself for the coming year.  I've done them all.  Stop smoking, be kind, respect yourself, get healthy, be calm...sometimes I am successful, other times I am not.  I try really hard to be healthy, but dang--I just love my food.  Especially the sweets.

I have decided this year to just be. It's life's lessons that really make you who you are.  It's your choice what you chose to do with it.  Not the silly resolution that gets lost a couple of weeks into the new year.  Okay, maybe my resolution is to be open to more self growth this year.  Maybe I did come up with a new resolution for this year after all!  But a meaningful one...

I love the beginning of a new year.  It's a great way to start all over.  Attitude, organizing our family, and fitness, are all my focuses. I usually go through every room purging anything that needs to go.  Organizing our life, for a new year.   January and February just so happen to be the slowest time out of all our months.  The calm before the storm, if you will.

With that said, here's a look back at the last year of inspiration from House by Holly.

We had our first summer in The Beach Bunker and made new friends for a lifetime.  The house was finally finished and we are very grateful for our oasis.


I showed you how to transform hand me down furniture and give it new life.  An easy and inexpensive way to furnish a home.  I think it adds so much character.



To paint or not to paint knotty pine? That was the question.  One of my most popular tutorials this year with over 16,000 views. 

 I think a lot of people  wonder if it's a good idea.  And YES it can really be done!  I did my research and I passed it on to my readers.  Looking back, it was the best idea for turning our dark knotty pine paneling into beautiful, white glossy paneling.  What a transformation!


I had many CNN Living features.  And was honored to be chosen as one of the lucky ones (6 times!).
1.

2.
A CRAB SHACK with lots of inexpensive inspiration and a few organization tips.


3.
 The transformation of our kitchen from year to year.  Mostly pieced together with tag sale finds.


4.

5.
My Office (which was my very first post) that inspired me to start my blog in the first place.
And the Q&A with the CNN Living Producer that reveals the meaning behind so many things in the room.

6.
How to decorate using the color orange.


A Shutterfly collaboration turned that into a gallery wall for our Beach Bunker.

I was also contacted by One Kings Lane to help introduce their  home decor guide.

I showed you that brass is back.  Decorating with brass and making a statement.   
Elliot Brass Button Headboard

A repurpose special.  Do you know that you probably have the makings of a great cheese board and drink tray in your house and you didn't even know it?



This Fall I was interviewed by Karen at Lifestyle By Design located in Boston.  This was such an exciting opportunity because I never really thought I had anything too exciting to talk about.   (I also won't point out how incredibly nervous I was.)

I set up two inexpensive tables for the holidays and I explained the cost of each one.  Obviously, if you minus the ornament and pumpkins, you could use these looks for any gathering not just the holidays. 

Some of my favorites are the chargers painted with chalk board paint and all the crystal candlesticks. Here's the interview.





This years Fall and Christmas decorations. This years theme was about gold snowflakes, glass ornaments and handmade terrariums.



And last but not least, a funny story about the stress of keeping THE BIGGEST SECRET EVER
I know it's only a matter of time before my Smarty Pants has it all figured out.  This year, I am exhausted trying to keep the biggest secret ever.  Can you relate?


I think I mentioned last year that I never would have thought I would be writing a blog on home inspirations, but I am.  Thanks you so much for your comments, support and views!!!

What are your resolutions for 2014?  Or are you just open to self growth too?

If you are looking to add a little something special to your house contact me at HousebyHolly@yahoo.com.


From my HOUSE to your HOUSE, I am wishing everyone a spectacular 2014!  Happy NEW Year!  Don't forget to eat your black eyed peas!  

 photo bcae8504-8846-4d56-8a1e-e38ee54656cf_zpsf2f14c24.jpg

Linking to:
Savvy Southern Style

Let's Connect!
 photo pinterest_zpsce3157c2.png  photo facebook_zps6e141a1a.png  photo email_zps02408533.png  photo youtube_zps504f1e67.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!