Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Little Holly, Jolly | 2014 Christmas Tour

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Today I am sharing how to bring in a little 'Jingle' to your house this Holiday season.


I love to decorate for Christmas, but I don't like to be overwhelmed by the decorations.  I just bring in a few of the seasons natural 'gifts' and keep it simple.   

My Number One Rule: Bring on the shine, sparkle and texture!

(Here's our previous years inspiration.  It's interesting how my taste changes from what I am inspired from year to year..)
  
Front Porch: I splurge every year on fresh garland.. I use it around the door and break it up to tuck here and there.  This year I used some to make a swag on our outdoor light sconces. 

 The wreath is a simple faux green wreath with fresh springs of cedar tucked in.  I added 2 pine cones threaded on a metallic ribbon hung from the wreath holder.   

Foyer: This year our home is filled with pine cones, mercury glass, muted ornaments and fresh garland.  You don't have to spend a fortune making your house special for the Holidays.  A box of ornaments and snowflakes from Walmart, a few mercury candlesticks from Homegoods and mixing in a few things you already have can easily do the job just fine.  

A garland swag for the stair case..  I usually sweep the garland all the way up the stairs, but this year I was inspired to do just a swag at the arm.  

I used a four foot fresh garland and tied it with string to keep it in place.  I then tucked and poked fresh cedar springs from my yard and added pine cones and ornaments.  

I love all the layers! 

Dining Room: My dining room is pretty simple..  Just a boxwood wreath around a hurricane vase for a centerpiece and a bunched up runner.  
I shared my DIY Paper Holiday Wreath last week..  It looks like a lot of effort, but I used white printer paper and it only took an hour.  
  


I think the end result is breathtaking and I can get some use out of it through the Spring.. 
Here is the Tutorial.


My centerpiece: I simply tucked fresh cedar sprigs and pine cones inside the hurricane vase and added a mercury candle for some shine.   
It's the simple touches of outside that inspire me during the holiday season.

Family Room: Our mantle has been tucked with fresh garland as well.  I used the trimmings from the bottom of the tree and added fresh cedar from my yard.  My faux fur wreath was a score from Marshall's.


A simple pillow with some sparkly beads is enough to dress up a chair and make it extra special..



Our tree is adorned with gold, silver and pearl white ornaments, snowballs, snowflakes, and some great family ornaments with memories-- just the way I like it.  The kids help me decorate it now every year and it is has so much more meaning..  

This year I used a curtain panel as our tree skirt.  Any fabric will do...



A simple bow tied on a dresser takes it up a notch..

A silver tray given to us as a wedding gift makes a great place to gather these ornaments, pine cones and mercury votives...

Kitchen: The kitchen is the gathering place for most 'get togethers'..  Why would it be any different for the Holidays?  Again, I just like the little touches..  


 A simple boxwood wreath adds the right amount of texture to the glass cabinet doors.

A white stag head on a cake platter with fresh greens is a simple statement for the season..

Our pie cabinet gets the treatment with fresh greens, a small tree with metallic pearls, silver candlesticks with gold painted pine cones, and a glass house. 

I used a gold snowflake stocking holder to hang a string of pine cones and an ornament.  

And last, but not least, our back porch..
This year a wrapped lights around the top rail of the deck and the result at night is very sweet.

I also hung a faux green wreath and hung ornaments from a gold and brown ribbon behind it. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you were inspired with a few ideas to make your Holiday better than the last.



For more ideas to make this years Holiday special visit my pinterest board --Christmas.


Wishing you and yours a Holiday filled with laughter and joy, Happy Hunting!

 photo bcae8504-8846-4d56-8a1e-e38ee54656cf_zpsf2f14c24.jpg



Let's Connect!
 photo pinterest_zpsce3157c2.png  photo facebook_zps6e141a1a.png  photo email_zps02408533.png  photo youtube_zps504f1e67.png
Linking to:Thrifty Decor Chick

UA-49484568-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!