Friday, September 4, 2015

Brass Lamp Turned Finial | DIY

Hello Readers,

Things have been pretty busy over the Summer and now that my "little busy bees" are back into a school routine, I can get back to what I do best--  DIY Projects! 
*clap

I was inspired over the Summer when I dropped my daughter off at one of her friends house for a play date. I was quickly awestruck and distracted by a pair of bright, beautiful yellow finials that sat on a table in my friends living room...




Um...I'm sorry, what time should I pick her up?

See how they just pull you right in?



Her home was modern, mixed with greys and the pop of yellow was absolutely breathtaking. I just couldn't stop drooling over them until she told me how she made them.  

They were originally a pair of brass lamps she purchased from a thrift store and took apart, then spray painted yellow.  What a great idea!

I think she might have been reluctant to tell me where she got them, but d
oesn't everyone go to thrift stores now-a-days? 

In fact, I bought a brass lamp a couple of years ago for my daughters room and spray painted it cream. You might remember this one. Here's how the whole room turned out. 


So I ran to one of my favorite thrift stores and found this brass lamp for $19.99.



I started by unscrewing the top and then pulling the cord out.  Super easy!



I decided to add an old chandelier finial to the top of mine just to finish it off.  It came from the bottom of an old chandelier that I wrapped in rope.  
Remember this beauty? 


The final step was to spray paint it a beautiful color of indigo blue that I purchased at Lowe's.


I chose a blue shade because I wanted it to tie in with some of the other blue that I have in the room.  





What do you think?  I absolutely love it.  A pair of these on any buffet type table would be breathtaking.  Or you could use different ones with varying heights...  You could even make a candle holder out of them!  I'd love to know-- is this a project you could see yourself doing?

Thanks Mrs. Mains for the inspiration!  

From my house, to your house, Happy Hunting!

 photo bcae8504-8846-4d56-8a1e-e38ee54656cf_zpsf2f14c24.jpg

Let's Connect!
 photo pinterest_zpsce3157c2.png  photo facebook_zps6e141a1a.png  photo email_zps02408533.png  photo youtube_zps504f1e67.png

Linking to: Thrifty Decor Chick

 UA-49484568-1

2 comments:

  1. Holly, I love how your brass lamp makeover turned out! That blue is a beautiful color. A few years ago, I took down the dated brass chandelier in my dining room and spray painted it silver. Reading your post is making me wish I'd been a little braver and painted it a bright color. Maybe I will in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. نتميز في وود أند ديزاين بأن لدينا افضل مصانع كراسي مكتب ومصانع مودرن وكلاسيك بالإضافة إلى معارض اثاث مكتبي مودرن هي الأفضل في مصر 2022 من حيث التميز وجودة الخامات بتصاميم مميزة يمكنها جعل مكتبك كما تحلم به نضمن رضا عميلنا فهو الأساس القوي لنجاحنا على مدار سنين من الخبرة والتميز.
    وود أند ديزاين هي الشركة الأفضل في القاهرة حيث انها تمتلك افضل مصانع اثاث مكتبي مودرن في مصر كما لديها الكثير من التصاميم المتميزه بداية من الكراسي المكتبية وكراسي الانتظار وافضل المكاتب وخلايا العمل ذات التصميم الجميل كما لدينا مصانع كراسي شبك طبي متميزة توفر لك وللموظفين الراحه المطلوبة أثناء العمل.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!