Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Our Kitchen Progression | The Heart of the Home

Hello Readers,

Hope you all are having a great start to the New Year!

I recently shared my tutorial on Painting Kitchen Cabinets.  I still can't believe I finally had the courage to complete this project.  For years, I had been wanting to tackle this and I thought it just couldn't be done.  I am so pleased with the results and it has held up beautifully through the holidays. 




A lot has happened in our home since this project and I thought I would share with you where I am at design wise.   

I found a great roll of craft paper at Joann's to put in the glass cabinet.  Before it was very bland with my white porcelian collection...but now my collection POPS. 


I even put the paper in my makeshift cook book/wine nook.  Everything pops and my elephant teapot gives the nook whimsy.   I did consider turning this nook into a wine rack.  I am still undecided...  I really like the personality and options this nook allows me to bring in with accessories. 



You have texture, pattern and personality--I  absolutely LOVE my new kitchen.  


Next up was the light that inspired a complete 'switch-a-roo' of our furniture in the kitchen..

This light was all brass and I scored it from the Habitat Store for $23. (Yes, $23 dollars!)  If you ever shop for light fixtures you know this is a great deal. All it needed was some black paint to totally transform it. 

I thought about replacing my DIY Rope Chandelier with this one, but instead decided to keep both.  It was then that it only made sense to move the table in the unused open area and hang the new light over it.  Very exciting..

 The floor plan flows so nicely now and it was almost like this open space was meant to be this way.  It only took me 12 years to figure this out.  (*pats self on back.)

So what did I do with the area where the table was? I turned it into a sitting area.  When we entertain everyone is always in the kitchen, I thought this was a perfect idea for the over flow of guests who would like an additional spot to relax.

  PLUS, Mr. House and I have our morning catch up here every day.  It's cozy and I love it.  

It's come a long way...









Does your house change for the better?  Are you thinking about painting your kitchen cabinets? Have you already done it?  I'd love to hear your stories.


From my house to your house, Happy Hunting!



 photo bcae8504-8846-4d56-8a1e-e38ee54656cf_zpsf2f14c24.jpg

Let's Connect!
 photo pinterest_zpsce3157c2.png  photo facebook_zps6e141a1a.png  photo email_zps02408533.png  photo youtube_zps504f1e67.png

Linking to: Savvy Southern StyleSavvy Southern StyleMust Love Home

 UA-49484568-1



5 comments:

  1. Hi Holly,
    I'm stopping by via Poofing The Pillows...and just had to tell you that your kitchen is so beautiful. I love that you painted a brass Habitat lamp black - so pretty!
    Have a wonderful weekend! Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a beautiful job! I am visiting via Poofing the Pillows as well. I love the chairs in the kitchen and have wanted to do that myself for some time but don't want to give up any tables yet. Everything looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your kitchen has evolved into a new space that looks like it should have been this way from the beginning! Switching your table to a different spot and giving yourself a cozy little area to sit and start or end the day is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is really the one that I needed. I really learned a lot by reading the whole content. Thanks for this.
    tủ bếp đẹp
    tủ bếp gỗ tự nhiên sơn PU
    Nhà Bếp Hoàng Gia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!